Thursday, April 14, 2011

Phew!

Today has been a slightly crazy day, especially for James and I. Andrew was up at 5am, then 6am, and finally 6:45am, which wasn't the greatest start to my day, let me tell ya! We got to talk to Rob for half an hour and then we were off to drop Andrew off at school. He got dropped off at 9, Bible Study started at 9:30 and went until 11:15 when I hurriedly packed up James and got him to speech therapy by 11:30. That went until 12, after which we trooped back over to the church for an amazing lunch put on for some of the military spouses (of which, they were kind enough to include myself). By 1:30 we were home and James was asleep. At 3:30 we went to pick up Andrew at school and I found that the Art Show/ Book Sale, which I thought was tomorrow night, was actually tonight. We ran to the store for the few things we needed (it actually managed to be a quick trip!), got McDonald's for dinner (ugh, sorry Rob) and managed to scarf that down before heading back to school for the art show/book sale and then soccer practice at 6. It's about 7:15 and I'm pooped.

But guess what? I just opened the mail, which included a box from my sister who said I could open it as soon as it got here (it's my birthday on Tuesday, so I have to be careful about opening boxes :)) It had cupcakes in it!! All the way from Cupcake Royale in Seattle!! YUMMY!  Here's a picture for you to drool over. :)


Here are some pictures from the Art Show.
Andrew was a little shy about his art, but...he had a little smile on his face too. :)

The last surprise of the day happened when I was changing James into his jammies. He said he had to go potty so off we go to have a seat. He actually went. In the potty. I don't think he actually realized what he was doing but man, I sure did! After I started getting excited about it, he did too and was so excited to flush and get some potty candy! I think we'll be starting the potty training in earnest once Gram gets here next week.

Talk about a day of surprises! I loved today and am so blessed to have these two boys in my life.

2 comments:

  1. !!! Cupcakes, art and potty! It's too much to ask for in one day, really. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got no shortage of excitement in your life, huh? All so cool- I love Andrew's art and I love that James has decided when to get potty-trained!

    ReplyDelete