Sunday, November 7, 2010

TDY

Rob has been in training for the past couple weeks in Nevada, so I thought this would be a great chance to make a trial run on my own with the boys as there will be lots of that when Rob is deployed next year. Dad was here for a few days over Halloween and was a great help with meals, dishes, spending time with the boys, etc. but otherwise it's just me and the little ones. Besides, being tired, all seems to be going well. Here are a few updates from the past few days.
 This past weekend we went to the Boise Saturday Market, which is right downtown and turned out to be pretty good. There were a lot of vendors with fresh fruits and veggies, crafts, prepared foods, etc. We didn't get going as early as I would have liked and then ran into BSU football game traffic, but we finally make it there.

This was Andrew's idea. He usually wants to ride in the stroller and James loves to just run, so he should probably be in the stroller, but...

We found a little stand selling fresh beignets. The boys LOVED them!


After the market, we had lunch and then went to a cupcake shop. The shop was a lot farther out than I had thought, but the boys were good sports. Andrew got a red velvet one with a red hot on top and James got a vanilla one with pink frosting.

When we got home that day, there was a package waiting in the mail for the boys from Gramma Linda and Papa Ray. It had astonaut ice cream in it!

Andrew got some ice cream for desert. I think he really liked it as he ate nearly half the bag!

I just realized that it looks like I feed the boys sugar all day, but I really don't!

So, this morning was daylight savings time as I'm sure you are all aware. I turned back the clocks last night in the hopes that Andrew would get up at 7 and we would have made the transition well. Not going to happen. Andrew was up at 5:15 AM and although I did some more dozing, I never quite got back to sleep. Ugh. :) At about 5:30 Andrew came in to ask me what day it was and I vaguely remember saying it was Sunday. By 6:00 or so, he was dressed for church. I didn't even have to ask him how he had gotten his nice shirt down from the closet, he offered that up himself. He had pulled the offfice chair across the room, into his bedroom and pulled one down. :) Nice huh? He had shoes, socks, everything. Good boy, now we just have to wait another 4 hours before church starts. :)

Needless to say, I took a nap when the boys did this afternoon and woke up to Andrew telling me that James had gotten out of bed! What? He's in a crib! Although I had seen him yesterday, balance his whole body across the top of the crib to reach down and grab the cd out of the cd player, I never thought he could actually get out it. Before I left his room at nap time, I moved the drawer over that the cd player is on so he couldn't reach it. I think he tried to reach it and fell out of his crib. :( Bad Aunty. Hopefully he won't try that again.

One more story for the night and this ones a little "graphic" so if you're queasy... you've been warned. During dinner, which is always a bit difficult (last week Andrew gagged on a small piece of red pepper I asked him to eat and threw up on his plate) Andrew informed me that someone had wet their pants during sunday school and we talked about how that person needed to learn to listen to their bodies and not wait so long. He then told me that he peed under one of the tables at Sunday school! What? When I asked why, he said that he told the teacher that he needed to go but she didn't say anything, so he just went where they couldn't see him. I asked him multiple times about and I think he might be telling the truth, but man, I hope it's not! There was nothing I could do, it was too late to call the church and tell them about it! I'll have to try and call them in the morning. *Sigh*
After dinner, which was pizza, James had a bit of a stomach issue, meaning, we nearly had a blowout. It had leaked through the leg of his diaper and was creeping up the back too. After dealing with that, I came downstairs to find Andrew cleaning up poop from the floor of the downstairs bathroom! What happened? "I had to go really bad and I almost didn't make it on the potty!" Why is it on the floor? "I don't know." I noticed that he had stood up to wipe. Hmmmm... *Sigh* Guess maybe we're not having that pizza again. Tomorrow's another day right? Goodnight. 





4 comments:

  1. I was laughing out loud- good thing you have a sense of humor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kendall, you've been through the ringer on this 'trial' week....but sounds like you're finding good humor in in all. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Sounds like a daily adventure. Adorable, but I'm sure exhausting. You are doing an amazing job.
    - agnieszka

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are doing a great job Kendall! Hang in there, those boys are full of surprises:)

    ReplyDelete