The boys have been really busy this past month so I haven't had a lot of time to update you all. Along with T-Ball, Tumbling and Swim Lessons, we've also had Summer Camp and family visits!! My secret goal has been to have them so pooped out at the end of the day that they won't put up a fuss at bedtime. :) No, not really, but I think I signed them up for a few too many things, although they've enjoyed all of it. Next summer, we might have one less activity.
Both boys had Summer Camp at the Montessori school. I signed them for two weeks and each week had a theme. I think the first weeks theme was The Farm and the second week was the Wild West. James had SO much fun at school! All the teachers commented on how well he was doing, how smart he is and that he was definitely ready for school in the fall. They both came home chatting away about the projects they did that day and who they played with. Now, I just need to get James potty trained and we'll be in business!!
Throughout May and June we had both boys in Tumbling, which is once a week at the dance studio down the street. Basically I went in to see if they had anything for kids as young as James and since Andrew loves tumbling too, I signed them both up and they seem to love it. The instructors are very strict on their rules so I haven't been able to go in and take any pictures until this past week when they had an "open" class.
 |
| Both boys had a hard time with the hula hoops, but still loved it. |
 |
| Somersaults |
 |
| I think James is trying to help Andrew with his somersault. |
Andrew continues to have lots of fun at T-Ball. He has a couple of friends there and loves catching the ball, hitting it off the tee and running the bases. There is family that we know from church who's daughter is on the team and her little sister is just James' age, so they get to play together during the games.
 |
He's #4 and Jacob (they played soccer together and his last name is also Coffey!) is #3.
|
And finally swimming. Swim lessons were last week and this week, every day but Friday. I was, of course, a little worried about Andrew who doesn't like to get his face wet, but he LOVES the classes. James and I are in the Parent-Tot classes and he's taken to it really well. He doesn't always like to blow bubbles but he likes paddling around. Andrew has gotten so good at putting his face in the water and "diving" for the rings. There is another little boy in his class that Andrew played soccer with so he's having a great time. And we have one of the teachers aides and another little boy from school in our class, which James likes too.
 |
| He doesn't really love floating on his back, but we were practicing pushing off the wall. |
 |
| Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall. |
 |
| Humpty Dumpty had a great fall! |
No comments:
Post a Comment