I love this story now, but it was a bit nerve wracking at the time. A few Fridays ago we had Little C over to play after school. I was slightly nervous about having three of them by myself but just made up my mind that it was going to be a fun afternoon and bar anyone getting hurt, it would be fine. And everything did go fine until about 5:30. All three boys had been running outside and inside to play with different things. The jumpy castle was put up in the yard and this kept them busy for quite a while. I ordered pizza delivered and at 5:30 the doorbell rang. The two older boys were playing inside and started jumping up and down and screaming cause it was dinner time. Blake, the 60 lb Black Lab, starting barking and lunging at the door. So needless to say, the simple act of opening the door and signing the receipt was not easy. As I was trying to sign the receipt, a gust of wind blows through the house from the open back door and slams the front door shut in the face of the pizza guy. And to make it even more embarrassing, I can not open the door again! It had slammed shut so hard that it had jammed! I eventually had to give up on the front door and go through the garage to get the pizza. Ugh. After I get the pizza inside and on the counter I notice James, who is 2, in the backyard playing with the blower for the jumpy castle, but the jumpy castle is no longer in sight! I run outside and find that James has untied the castle from the blower and the jumpy castle is flying across the yard! Nice huh? After trapping the castle under something heavy and bringing James inside, we played "who can see Daddy first?" for a while and I think I won. :)
I honestly look back and think that's a pretty darn hilarious story and that I will definitely have more. Here are a couple of pics.
good job Kendall. Life happens. It will be part of your memories and keep up the good, fun attitude. Life is to short to get too serious.
ReplyDeleteThat is SO funny! I am so glad you get to experience that with them! Love to you all!
ReplyDelete