Tonight before bed, Andrew wanted me to play with him and some Lego men he found. I set them up and Andrew got this look on his face like he was going to tell me a really good story. You know the look? He said the men were hiding from "Quedstompers" and that the "Quedstompers" lived underground and when they felt someone walking on them they stuck their heads out of the ground and scared people. We played along that story line for a long time. I've always known he has a good imagination, but was just amazed that he could make up a story like that so fast, off the top of his head! I had to draw the line at getting under his bunk bed with him though. :)
Another shot little blip. I'm not usually the one that puts him to bed, but when I do, I always say "Sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite". (Which takes on a whole other meaning since I've worked in housing.) At first, he would just say the same thing back to me, but within a couple nights, he started saying "Sleep tight, don't let the night bees sting". Sometimes, he makes up other things, but ... I just love it.
Goodnight.
No comments:
Post a Comment